Playing with paint

Playing with paint
abstract art

28 August 2015

Poor Sad Garden

While I was over at Serenity recently it nearly broke my heart to see my lovely garden as it is now so neglected.  Some of the plants have died from lack of care and water.  

Because the remaining  rose bushes were so bad I decided to cut them out as well.  One was a beautiful Red, and the other a Yellow.  The Peace rose was just a gnarled stump in the ground with a small twig so that went too.  I just didnt want to see them die lingering deaths.

The top two photos of the collage are of the rock wall garden on the left when my son first made it, and the other photo was taken from the top as it is now.  You can still see a bit of sad rosemary bush among the grass and weeds.

The bottom two photos are of the rose garden, on the left in its glory, and on the right as it is now.   Among the grass are the remains of my shasta daisies, and a cactus.

Unfortunately himself is just a stubborn old git and has decided because he failed at growing a few beans when he was a boy he does not want anything to do with looking after gardens.  r.i.p. my garden...all those years I tended to you were for nothing, but gave me pleasure.
Top left the original garden with lavenders and rosemary . Top right looking down onto this garden from the top.    Bottom Left the rose garden how it looked when I was there.  Bottom right now full of weeds and grass.
I will just finish off with some old photos of the garden flowers.


till next time  enjoy


6 comments:

  1. Oh, my Shirley, I can understand your feelings about the once lovely flourishing garden. Good that you made all those lovely photos as your souvenir of better times..

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sad the old misery has neglected the garden, it is happening over here a lot too, people are paving their gardens which they say is adding to the threat of floods. At least you have some lovely photos and I am sure your own garden is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is heartbreaking to see a garden in disrepair. DH and I spent a full day of backbreaking labour in the spring working on the garden where our son and d-i-l live. When we visited on the weekend it looked just as bad as it did before we tackled it. If they call for help again, we plan to be busy - elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sorry to hear that. That would be hard to see. Hopefully one day it will return to it's former glory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't checked up on your blog for ages, how sad to see the garden has been lost, but you had years of enjoyment and you still have photos and memories - that is the important part! Hope you are keeping well. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is sad to see a beautiful garden neglected but I have learnt over the years that the pleasure in a garden is living with it day to day. I recently moved house and left behind a much loved garden. As it turns out I have gained another beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete