Playing with paint

Playing with paint
abstract art

25 June 2017

A Long Time Away

It seems to be such a long time since I posted on my blog.  Unfortunately I have been caught up by Facebook, and neglected my blog, so to all my followers please accept my apologies.  I guess it is a sign of fashion in modern technology.

The time has come I am afraid, where I have cut down a lot on embroidery to the point where I have been selling some "stuff", and giving other things away to friends.  It has become harder for me to thread needles, and every time I stab my fingers I bleed a lot which is a damn nuisance. But I need to be on blood thinners for other aspects of my health.  Still have a few things, like, laces, beads, etc, and also books to go

I have had a go at water colours and still would like to explore this.  I went through the colouring thing, but my shaky hands would not let me stay within the lines so I now have lots of expensive pencils and other colouring bits and pieces languishing on the shelf.

Somehow I dont seem to be bored though.   I do still have a few projects to finish off e.g. the latest fabric is still unfinished and my band sampler needs the last couple of strips attached.  I have given up looking in the UFO box but I know the pieces and threads to finish are there waiting for me to get a burst of energy.


Anyway, thought I would just stop by and say Hi to all my blog friends who are still here.  You have all enriched my life so much over the years, for which I will be forever grateful.  Thank you all for the love and support you have given me as well.

I am on Facebook as "Maggie McGuire" should anyone like to get in touch.

We still have serenity, but I dont visit much these days. Here are some photos from "the farm"
Till next time 
xo







3 comments:

  1. so very good to see you back on your blog, I am sorry not been in touch have been so lazy re emails etc. I do not do facebook, tried it but not for me, did try to close my account down think it worked but not sure if it did.
    Such a shame you re not stitching much as you do some wonderful work. Will hope to see some of your water colour painting soon please

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you on the blog, Shirley! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete