Playing with paint

Playing with paint
abstract art

27 August 2012

Finally!!!!! Something to blog about

Sorry I have been missing from blogland  for so long, not because I wanted to just have been having a break and lurking.   Nothing exciting has happened lately since I returned from holidays, except catching up on things round the house.

Also have been in a slump and not felt like stitching.....just lurking round the internet and watching tv.

Finally I have pulled myself up by the bootstraps and finished of this which was a work in progress.   My creative mojo seems to have gone on holiday too, so all these stitches I am behind with are on the one piece of embroidery.  Not very inspiring, but they are completed and that is my aim at the moment.

This is the piece I had as a WIP, and now after adding some buttonhole wheels and beads I have completed as much as I am going to with this.   The background fabric is one that I dyed from a workshop I attended some weeks ago.

It has been so cold here still, that I wanted to know what the temperatures were...sort of a masochistic thing.....so purchased this little gadged which sticks itself to the outside of the window so I can see how hot/cold it is before I decide to venture outside.


Oh, and I should mention that I have been shopping too.  Have a wedding to go to in October in Melbourne, and decided I would wear an outfit from another wedding, but add a different top under the jacket.   After walking the length of the main street the other day, I was about to give up finding something suitable, when I spied a lovely blingy top on a rack outside a shop.   It was just what I had in mind, and it fitted perfectly on my new slim body.   The best part was it was reduced from $200 to $50 because a few of the beads had come loose.

Easily fixed with the  little bag of spare beads and sequins  that came with the top, and feel very pleased with my bargain.

The skirt is in getting the hem taken up at the moment, but is gored with a little flip out at the bottom.    The grey sequins have taken on the colour of the pale blue jacket.   It looks grey in the picture but is actually blue.  it is good to give this an airing after sitting in the wardrobe for 14 years and still looks fashionable.....well for an old lady it is.   Also just happen to have a pair of gunmetal grey shoes that will go perfectly......too bad I just recently threw out the matching handbag that was very scratched...might have been able to renew it.


13 comments:

  1. looks fantastic, shame about the bag, always nice to be able to recycle, and the top was a great bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased I am not the only one who has not been on top form I go in spits and spats at the moment. Love the glittery top and what a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiiiiiii Shirley! Sure have missed you!!! Glad you got sort of inspired to finish your WIP! It is beautiful! I think you just need to get back to TAST and you will be fine! Hey, I got accepted to Stitchin Fingers the other day! I really just wanted to be able to comment on everyone's work.

    I do not like the current stitch though...the linked double chain, I think it is called. It seems kinda funky to me, but I may give it a go today.

    Love your new top to complete your really wonderful outfit for the wedding! It looks smashing! I think you will be a real stand out in it! That skirt looks rather revealing though!!! LOLOL. :)

    We are home today dealing with winds and rains from tropical storm Issac, which is far over (200 miles away), and we still have schools closed due to winds and flooding! So...here I am with the grandkids...trying to find some things to entertain them. FUN.

    Oh, Shirley, I just want to thank you again for the materials you sent me, as they have really inspired me and given me so many colors and different threads....I am seriously loving them so much! Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

    xoxo- Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back. I have slumps too and need a kick up the backside sometimes. It's cold here too and wet and supposed to be summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you again, Shirley! I think we all go through a non-creative period now and then :-), but it is nice to know that all is well with you.
    Good outfit for the wedding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bentornata Shirley carissima, sono molto felice di sentirti in buon forma. Molto bello il tuo abbigliamento per il matrimonio, sarai très chic, vuoi fare concorrenza alla sposa????
    Tanti baci
    Emi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit and what a great bargain the top is. Melbourne can be really cold and windy in October(or any month actually). I am so far behind with my stitching and replying to blogs too. I think that is just life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see you posting Shirley. I've been feeling a little the same. Love your stitching. Hope the weather will improve soon. Very warm here this afternoon, but very windy. LOVE your top, and am sure the outfit will be glorious. Sorry to hear about the bag, might have one here you can borrow {????}. Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back Shirley. I think we have all been in a slump lately - blame the weather! it is gorgeous up here at present though, so I can't really use that for an excuse. your outfit looks lovely, isn't it wonderful what you can pick up for a song when you can sew and do some mending! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Shirley, I have been missing too from blogland this past Summer and I see you have been missing a bit too. Love your new bargain. It is definitely WOW. Perfect for the wedding. It looks like the temp was 62F which is a pretty nice Fall day for us. YOU are spoil you know living in Australia. LOL I hope all is well. Missed Ya. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is really nice to see your posting..the dress looks very good and I love sequin work.It will look gorgeous..Don't forget to post a snap wearing it:)Love Mahalakshmi

    ReplyDelete
  12. we all seem to be getting back to blogging again and hopefully stitching. Love your latest creation Shirley. The outfit looks great, fingers crossed the weather will be nice in october, I remember very cold days when I lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My comment is coming late... this is the effect as a co-owner of a house in renovation. I love your outfit and just find the bargain so exciting. That's my thing.
    your embroidery is quite different from what I know from you but well made and interesting. I will copy your thermometer as a reference for transferring F to C.

    ReplyDelete