Playing with paint

Playing with paint
abstract art

26 November 2014

Half Dolls and a Link

Some years ago, one of my sisters was making porcelain half dolls and I started off making them into tassels.

Then I decided to work out a skirt in the manner of a pin cushion.  I had great plans to market the design, but nothing came of it.  I recently came across a lovely lady called Maureen Greeson, who collects  half dolls, and have given her the pattern where I am sure it will be more useful than sitting in the box on my shelf.  

You can find her blog at http://www.maureensvintageacquisitions.blogspot.com.au/2014_11_01_archive.htm
where she has a link to the pattern.

Maureen has a wonderful collection of beautiful vintage half dolls, and also a tutorial for a skirt she has made as a base for a lovely flounced overskirt.

Pay a visit to Maureens blog because she also does crazy quilting and  has lots of eye candy 





8 comments:

  1. Thank you Shirley! You've made it fun to get going on the half dolls. I think you should do more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I will check it out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just emailed you now checking blogs and find this one, how pretty, I have some doll heads and hands bought at least 15 years ago when Sal was little maybe I will look for them amongst all the other bits and pieces and see if I can make something

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley, your dolls are so beautiful, so well crafted, so artful and tasteful. It is quite new to me. And I was on Maureens post to have a look. It is a great idea as pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, one never stops learning something new - I never knew about a half dolls world! :-) That's such a great thing about blogs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love half dolls and Maureen's tutorial is so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented and also so sharing, and I am a lucky friend to own one of your doll pincushions. It is very special to me and is used exclusively for my fine applique pins.

    ReplyDelete