Playing with paint

Playing with paint
abstract art

24 November 2014

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy Jig

Well it is so good to be home again for a little while, and have my little abode to myself again.  Himself is well, and able to take care of himself so my job is done. 

I managed to have a finish of a page, and have two works in progress which I will post about later.  Now this can wait until it is stitched to its backing page.
 I have just realised I have a line on the bottom right that I need to get rid of....oops.

My plants have survived my absence after all, except for the sage plant which turned up its toes in the extreme heat we have been having. The first time I came home everything looked very bad. I took my son's advice and gave everything a feed with "seasol" and it is a miracle.  The mint is flourishing again, and my precious miniature fuschia has all new leaves.  I did lose some of the new coriander, but with the ones that have survived I will get new seedlings.
You can see the difference in the plants from before and after the seasol treatment, and how good they were to come back to.

I dont think I am going to revive the sage or the strawberries.
While I was at the farm, my lovely cactus was in flower.  There are two different colours and they are stunning. Unfortunately they only last   a short while.
The jacaranda trees on the property are all in flower and make a stunning display.

Next to the steps I discovered the tiny snapdragon plant, with one normal sized flower. It was only about 3 inches high.  There was a time a few years ago when I did have snapdragons in that spot so it must have been a lonely little seed that germinated after all that time. When we were children we called them "puppy dog flowers".

we have been experiencing very high temperatures for the last couple of weeks, but today seems a bit milder.  I do feel so sorry though for all those people experiencing the extreme cold weather in the northern hemisphere.

Until next time, happy stitching













7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your return home, and so glad your man is doing well!!!! That fertilizer you have a is a miracle!!!! Neat cactus flowers! They are always such beautiful blooms! Love the stitched page. I never would noticed that stitching in bottom right!!! Lol. Its a lovely page. I have strayed from embroidery. I'm sure I will return to it, but have been trying some other little things. Although I have been having an urge to embroider on a leaf again! Take care, Shirley.
    Xoxo- Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3rd attempt at a comment! Good to know you are back at home and himself is managing on his own. Book page is great, wonder what you are stitching now. Garden has recoved very well with your feed. Will email later this week, sorry been lazy about being in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley, What a pretty page, I love the landscape theme.
    Your plants look happy with that seasol treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back, Shirley!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, you have been busy. It's always so good to be home after being away..no matter how long the duration is.

    I like your little landscape on the page and look forward to seeing it develop.

    I'm glad you mentioned the seasol. I have a seaholly that is meant to thrive in sand but doesn't really. I was told about seasol and it works but then I found my ground needs much, much more water to keep it thriving.
    I'll give the plant another dose of the seasol.
    Thanks for the reminder.


    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been having lovely sea breezes at 1770 and have missed all the horrible heat. Gotta get me some of that seasol. Glad your plants have revived.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Shirley, I can not believe I missed your recent posting.. I will have to double check and see why they are not showing up on my blog...

    Your finished page is very lovely. Your plants made a remarkable recovery.., smile.. Oh how I love the Jacaranda tree. I think it is the most beautiful tree in the world...thanks for sharing your photos with us.

    ReplyDelete