Playing with paint

Playing with paint
abstract art

02 December 2012

Week 4 Gimp and Christmas wishes





Week 4 of the workshop turned out to be really interesting and a lot of fun once more.   I wish I had been able to do this class when I first became interested in this programme. The pictures in the collage above could be a good way of making zentangles or has this idea already been thought of.

This week we began with the drawing tools, brush, pencil, paintbrush, airbrush, paint bucket, eraser (yessssss!!!!) and Ink.   Some I liked better than others.  The airbrush did not seem to grab me, but maybe in the right situation it could be different.   Looooved the brushes and working with gradients.   Everything is so much more interesting when you are taught correctly.

Sharon Boggon is the brilliant mind behind this course and if anyone is interested go to Sharons page and investigate where you can put your name down for one of her courses.

Now I have learned to make "brushes" properly, and I must add here it does pay to read EVERY word in the instructions.....I am loving them.

When working with the previous lessons, my brain tended to work towards painting pictures, but after this lesson I think I have begun to now lean towards texture design.    There is so much scope .....not that I am young enough to go into that field, but it is fun to do.



So here are more pictures of this week's efforts. Not quite in the right order, but hopefully if you click on the picture it will enlarge.

Now I guess everyone is wondering how I was able to get all the photos together in one area.  Here is a link to a site with the instructions on how to make a collage in the Gimp programme.  There are more choices if you google collage from Gimp as well.   I am happy happy happy!    Next time I will try to frame the collages......little steps.

I am going away next weekend on and extended visit to the wallabies and birds, and will be back in the new year.   I will still be able to receive comments through my phone.

A very merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year to all my friends and followers for 2013.  See you all in January.




10 comments:

  1. wow Shirley you have really taken to this gimp and producing wonderful effects I am so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley - the results are fantastic, well done you. I hope thatyou enjoy your Christmas visit, wishng you and your lived ones a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New YearYou may like the running chicken blog and web site. Karen is a wondeful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley,

    Sometimes things get lost in translation. Up here, "gimp" is plastic flat cording that kids use to braid friendship bracelets and lanyards and key fobs at summer camp or in Girl Guide meetings. I can't get my head around the 'gimp' to which you're referring!

    However, I have taken 3 of Sharon B's classes -- her journalling, 'Encrusted Crazy Quilting' and her surface design (with beads etc.) and enjoyed them all thoroughly. I still follow her online.

    Have a good trip and blessings for Christmas and the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Shirley, You are just toooooooooo toooooooo cleaver. Lovely creations. Merry Christmas to you and a Very Happy and Healthy New Year. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow results from your gimp class, Shirley! Looks like you're having a blast!
    May you have a wonderful Christmas and New Years' away among the wallabies and birds. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work, Shirley! I am happy you are loving it so much! I wish I had time to take a class from Sharon. Hope you jave a lovely trip, and see you next year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are certainly having lots of fun with these GIMP lessons. I love all the shots, so interesting. I haven't been into GIMP for ages, and to be honest, didn't even know you could collage in it. Hope things are okay with you, and you have a peaceful time when you are away. Take care, and try to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me jealous, Shirley, with your wonderful results with GIMP. It looks so interesting and is, as I can see. Have a nice time over at the farm and as Linda says: Stay cool and enjoy every day. Enjoy your summer. We had much snow today, tomorrow it will have melted away but not in the mountains, where we want to go to..

    ReplyDelete
  9. who talks about age when there's enthusiasm and fun?
    happy holidays!nice and warm, how i envy you:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are going ahead in leaps and bounds with this Gimp, Shirley. Great work. Enjoy a relaxing time at the farm, see you in the New Year xxx Di

    ReplyDelete