Well yesterday I had all these alternative names for my sample of wheatear stitch. Settled on Marsh Land and the more I look at it the more I think I should have stuck with Mish Mash. Wheatear stitch does not lend itself to much creativity, although in days to some I will probably see something on SF and wonder why I did not think of that. I tried to keep to the free style of making the stitch and not the absolutely true method. Anyway I did get a
bit lot of couching practice with tying down the other threads.
Firstly I laid down some coloured pieces of fabric onto the background, and then I used thread that could only be couched to form what I wanted to look like twisted vines and tree trunks. The blue is supposed to depict some water....8in an abstract way of course. I also got out the inktense pastels and coloured in an area to give the whole thing a sense of looking into the distance .
the best part is that I
got rid of used up some "stuff" Those long beads have been around for about 15 years and this is the first time I have had a use for them.
Now what do I do....this is the quickest I have been for yonks with getting my stitching out I usually agonise over the design for days......well there are a lot of threads that need to be wound off on to cards....there is vacuuming and mopping....in other words housework....it must be time I found a maid but unfortunately am too old to have any more children :)