DONT FAINT! PLEASE!....I know two posts in two days is a miracle from me, but please keep control.
I have had a compliment and enquiry on my new header photo so thought I would do a quick post on how this came about.
A couple of years ago I had the urge to play with something different so gathered together the makings for cards. I did post about this on my old blog, so it may be familiar to some.
This is one way I achieved a design. First I added rough sketches by dribbling on the large piece of card with aquadhere and adding some Gesso to form raised designsPaper tape was added to allow for blank areas before I added paint. i used both thick and thin Atelier brand acrylic artists paint.
Different colours of the paint was added roughly over the different areas . If I didn't like the effect I rubbed it off before it dried and added another colour. Even this gave some pleasing effects.
When I was satisfied I cut the sheet up into smaller sizes for the cards.
Here is a collage of some other designs I made.
I finished off the cards with embellishments and you can see some of them at the top of the post. It was amazing to see the different effects on the individual pieces after the sheets where cut into the smaller sizes. It was one of these that I have used for my new Header. Can you see the shapes of what looks like people on the header picture......that was not intended it was just one of those magic things that happens in some painting.
It was a fun Sunday, and I spent the whole day in my pyjamas "playing". Will have to do it again one day.