Remember those shoes that I threw in the bin in Melbourne, the ones that gave up the ghost after 25 years.....well I went shopping and bought a pair to last me for the next 25 years.
I'm going a bit tarty in my old age with all this bling. Well when we get old we have to replace what we lose with something eh. Here's hoping that I don't topple off those heels.
I have been thinking of practising some "Gangnam" style dancing for the wedding, but not sure whether those heels would be suitable. Just might have to kick them off.....old ex ex husband won't be at this one so I can have a good time!
My outfit is one I wore to the Dunk Island wedding and it has some bling too. Photos will be seen after the wedding.
AND I HAVE been stitching in between doing other stuff like getting rid of all the grot I had allowed to accumulate since returning home. It gave me a good feeling to have my unit all neat and tidy and clean again. I felt very rightious but the truth is my friend Di was coming for a sewing day so my guilt got the better of me.
I even sat for hours winding off all the scattered mess of threads sitting on my table so I could have a little skite, and create an impression of being a bit of a neat freak.
Firstly I managed to finish the Bonnet stitch for Tast. Added just a couple of cast on buttonholes, and a couple of pistil stitches, and one cup stitch which now leaves me almost up to date.
I think if you click on the photo you will be able to see it larger, and if not, when you click on it and get the new one up hold down the ctrl key and scroll with the mouse wheel to make the photo larger.
The lovely piece of tatting on the bottom was a gift in a bag of tatting pieces from my friend Sue of Suztats. I have been holding on to these, and this embroidery was the perfect place to use it.
The next piece of embroidery is for a bag I am making. First I painted the design using my inktense blocks. Because it turned out a bit dark I rinsed out some of the colour then ironed it dry to set the colour. I have embroidered over the design, and added some beads. I have cut out some nice blue waterwave taffeta to line it with, and when it is sewn up I will add some buttonhole keepers for the drawstring........will post a photo of the finished project when it is done
It was really satisfying to finish these two projects as they have been sitting round for ages. All I have to do now is to get on the sewing machine and complete the bag and I can move on to more things that need to be done.
So there it is not one post, but two.....gradually catching up.