Playing with paint

Playing with paint
abstract art

17 September 2011

Carnival of Flowers

Every year Toowoomba celebrates spring by holding the Carnival of Flowers.  This is something I have been wanting to see for years. So this year I was determined to see the parade and was not disappointed.


The route of the parade was crowded with folk from the very young to the very old.....and what did Toowoomba do this year....it surprised us with a wonderful warm and sunny day with temperatures predicted up to 27deg.C. and I am sure it reached that figure.

Because my camera is still in transit I did not manage to take photos but have put a link above to the Carnival website. These are some pics from last year of those who  were again in the parade.


I just loved the stilt walkers who were dressed in beautiful costumes, the bands were rousing, and the floats a credit to their makers.  There were flowers everywhere. 

Many different characters were there to entertain the children, from the smurfs, to the invaders from star wars. The various charity organisations were also represented.

The children round me thoroughly enjoyed it and it was wonderful to see the joy in their little faces every time something else exciting came along.

By the time the last of the floats were approaching it was time for me to start moving my poor feet which were by this time burning and calling out to be on the move.

I thought after standing round in the heat for 2 hours I deserved a reward so headed for some airconditioning and treated myself lunch at McDonalds....a very rare event.  Well with all the little kids in town surely the big kids could have some enjoyment too.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. Glad you finally got to see the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shirley, Thanks for sharing all those pics with us, I really enjoyed them all. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you here, Shirley! What a fun thing that parade must have been! McDonalds is the best...one of my favorite stops on work days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mc Donalds, so now I know where we are going next time when we do 'ladys to lunch'.
    Good to see you still doing the blogging, because both you and i would miss it very much. Glad you enjoyed the parade and I have much more for you to experience in the next few days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Shirley look forward to following your new blog ....good luck ....the carnival looked like fun ........x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like it was fun! You did better than me standing around for 2 hours.....and I would have loved to join you at McDonalds. I go there, at least, once a year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pleased you could see the parade Shirley. It was quite a warm day wasn't it. I love the look of this blog, so peaceful and pretty. Hope that camera arrives ASAP. Thanks for the trip to the parade [I couldn't make it...LOL]. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a wonderful parade, wasn't it? This is the first year I have ever been to the Carnival of Flowers, but it definitely won't be the last. I enjoyed it so much. It was very, very warm... I was like you and needed a drink and a cool place to have it afterwards as well. Toowoomba is such a beautiful town. I wonder if we walked right past each other on Saturday?? Cheers xx

    ReplyDelete