Playing with paint

Playing with paint
abstract art

28 September 2011

Finally Finished embroidery

At last I have managed to finish off the last exercise for the Sumpuous Stitches Classes. For the background I used Dublin Linen.  There are a variety of threads, variegated in stranded and perle, and plain colours as well as silk ribbon.

For the stitching, the outline is in stem stitch, the background a blackwork style, and for the textured areas, there are bullions, french knots, buttonhole bars and circles.  The work was then embellished with beads, and shells. 
I thoroughly enjoyed the processes of these classes with Sharon, and would advise anyone who was thinking of taking them to do so.  

I did get a bit stumped towards the end, but was fortunate enough to have a good friend in Linda from Billabongs to Bling to confirm my thoughts on which direction to go in.  Her confirmation of my ideas helped me to proceed and finish off the work.

4 comments:

  1. Good Day Shirley, Your creation is just truly beautiful. Love looking at all your stitches and the colors you chose are perfect. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, this piece turned out beautifully. The colours are so clear. The nymph idea is very unique indeed, and you've executed the design in your usual masterful way. It was a total pleasure working through this class with you. I had a ball. Having someone with your skill to bounce ideas back and forth meant a lot to me. Thanks for taking the ride with me. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little nymph turned out so nice, Shirley. The blackwork background has worked out really well. She is floating and bubbles are coming up from the water.

    ReplyDelete